Sail Greener Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Sail Greener carbon offset programme of Swire Shipping. Please read the following terms and conditions carefully.
- These terms and conditions apply to the Swire Shipping Sail Greener carbon offset programme (the “Sail Greener Programme”)
- Any contribution you make to the Sail Greener Programme is voluntary.
- Your contribution will be used to acquire verified emission reductions (“VERs”) from projects that are Verra certified for CO2 environmental benefits and CCBA certified for economic and social benefits to the local communities. These projects are chosen by Swire Shipping in its sole discretion. While Swire Shipping takes all reasonable care to select VERs from projects, it makes no warranty with regard to the environmental, social or other benefits of those projects.
- The calculation methods used in the emissions calculator are an estimate only, using our internal emissions calculation tool which is based on historical shipping data. The calculated emissions should not be relied upon as an accurate record of your actual emissions. We accept no liability if this calculation is incorrect or does not accurately reflect the actual greenhouse gas emissions attributable to your shipment.
- After the completion of your shipment, Swire Shipping will retire the carbon credits on your behalf, under the name you have indicated and issue a certificate to reflect the amount of carbon dioxide offset. The name of the individual/organisation/company will be public disclosure.
- There will be no revision of the individual/organisation/company name reflected on the Sail Greener certificate after the completion of your shipment.
- The details of the projects that have been selected to purchase the carbon credits to offset the emissions from your shipment will be reflected on the Sail Greener certificate.
- Swire Shipping will not calculate nor offset the emissions of your shipment that have been transshipped on a non-Swire Shipping operated vessel.
- There will be no refund of any contribution you make under the Sail Greener Programme under any circumstances, even if you decide not to ship with Swire Shipping. You are advised to read the content of the Sail Greener Programme website carefully in order to ensure that you understand the programme before completion of the transaction process.
- While Swire Shipping has taken reasonable care to ensure the accuracy of the information relating to carbon offsetting provided on its website, this information may be subject to change at any time without notice to you. Swire Shipping will not be liable for any inaccuracies in this information and does not guarantee that the information is up-to-date at all times, and excludes liability to the fullest extent permitted by any relevant law.
- Swire Shipping may cancel or suspend the Sail Greener Programme in its absolute discretion at any time without giving notice to you.
- These terms and conditions are governed by Singapore. We may amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice to you. It is your responsibility to check for changes each time you make a new contribution.
- If this English version of the terms and conditions does not conform to other language versions, the English version shall prevail. In case of dispute, Swire Shipping reserves the right to make a final decision.